Sunday, June 22, 2008

Alum Cliffs

Noel, Hadie and John after our visit to the Alum Cliffs look out.




Sculpture at the entrance to the park.


Some interesting twists in the old logs.





Deposits of ochre.




Today we joined with two of our Baha'i friends, John and Hadie MacLeod, for a Devotional at the Alum Cliffs. The spectacular Tulampanga National Park is situated inland from Deloraine and near Mole Creek.

It is an area of special significance for the Tasmanian aboriginal community as it is near the area known as Kooparoona Niara (Mountain of the Spirits) or the Great Western Tiers.

I have had an old postcard of the Cliffs that overlook part of the Mersey River for several years but this is the first time that I have actually visited the site. I took many photos as we gazed down on the river and cliffs from the excellent look out.

When I down loaded my photos , it was interesting to compare my photo with the image on the 100 year old postcard.

No comments: