Friday, December 26, 2008

Vale Rosemary Burke


Rosemary Burke
01.12.1940 -26.12.2008

Rosemary was a wonderful friend. I first met her in 1960 when I began my studies in Hobart to become an art teacher. When I began my course, Rosemary was in her second year. Because the student numbers were quite small in those days, the various year groups interacted a great deal and consequently, we all became close friends.

I spent 1964 as part of the Art Staff with Rosemary at the old Hobart High School, when it was in the final transition year to become a Matriculation College.

We have remained in contact through out the years and even when we have not seen each other for several years at a time, there has been an on-going exchange of news and views. I have always admired her work and I have enjoyed the thoughtful conversations about art and life that we have shared over the years. I loved her quirky sense of humour and her unique but compassionate view of the world.

May the long time sun shine upon you
All love surround you
And the pure light within you
Guide you all the way home.

No comments: