Saturday, February 16, 2008

A visit with Alicia and Ken Arnold



Recently we discovered that my teacher for Grades 5 and 6 back in 1952 and 1953, who was the head teacher at the small school I attended in the farming area of West Ridgely, is now living with his wife only 5 minutes drive from our home in Launceston.
Noel and I visited them this afternoon and we spent almost 2 hours catching up with family stories and some adventure tales. We had lots of laughs as we shared news and stories of our families.
Ken was a wonderful teacher, who helped me prepare for the 'Ability Test' which was conducted in all Tasmanian Primary schools in those days to select Grade 6 children to continue on to High School. I passed the test and went on to attend Burnie High Scool before moving to Hobart to attend Art School and University in 1960.

No comments: