Saturday, May 31, 2008

Dorit Elisha


Yesterday, I received a copy of a new book written and illustrated by my friend, Dorit Elisha. Dorit is a mixed media artist. I met Dorit on a great Yahoo group called UKPaper Arts. I joined the group while I was living in Israel. It transpired that Dorit actually grew up in the city where I was based - Haifa. However, she has lived in the USA since 1988. Dorit visited Haifa a couple of times during the time that we lived there. Her parents operated a busy photographic supplies shop in the downtown Hadar area of Haifa. We had visited the shop many times before Dorit made contact via the Paper Arts Group - so it was a wonderful coincidence to connect with Dorit and make the connection with her parents. I like her work very much so it was a delight to receive a copy of her book.
Dorit's website is : www.doritelisha.com

1 comment:

lici said...

hi edward,
i am dorit's mom, you may remember me (or not). i was delighted to see dorit's book on your blog. it is simply incredible how small our world has got, i have experienced in the last twenty years many such coincidences bordering on the meta-physical.
dorit also pointed out to me some of your works. i am always so happy to see these wonderful pieces of limitless fantasy and creativity.
best regards and keep up the good work
aliza